.jpg)
We began the first day of the new year by eating some cranberry and Meyer lemon scones with tea. I made the scones from a recipe I found here with lemons from the tree in our back yard. It's a treat to have such a fruitful tree just outside the kitchen door. I use them whenever possible. Meyer lemons was pretty new to me when I first moved to California, but they are quickly becoming a favorite flavor. The tea was a souvenir from the Grande Epicerie in Paris. My favorite part of traveling to any new place, especially out of the country, is grocery shopping. We ate our little breakfast while watching The Adventures of Prince Achmed, an amazingly beautiful film considered to be the first full-length animated movie. It was made by Lotte Reiniger, who created the whole thing from VERY intricate hand-cut paper silhouettes! It was inspiring, colorful, and magical. A very nice start to the New Year.

No comments:
Post a Comment