04 September 2010

MORE BAKING

.




Growing up, my mom's (grandmother's) zucchini bread was my favorite baked item.  It even beat chocolate-chip cookies most of the time!  Huh!?  This recipe is so delicious and very close to my heart.  When I smell it baking I think of home and happiness and Christmas-time.  I made a couple loaves this week because zucchini is in season.  Please enjoy the recipe below.

 
ZUCCHINI BREAD

Makes 2 loaves

3 cups flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini

Sift flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside. In a large bowl, thoroughly beat eggs, sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Stir in sifted ingredients. Blend in grated zucchini. Pour into two greased and lightly floured 8 1/2" X 4 1/2" loaf tins. Bake at 325' for 60-70 minutes.

No comments: