I made a really fun craft last week; a Christmas card wreath! I found it in this month's Living (pg. 78), though they recycled the idea from a '02 issue. Here is how you make it: buy a 14-inch wooden embroidery hoop (I couldn't find that size and used a larger one; it worked fine) and a bag of mini wooden clothespins. Affix the clothespins to the hoop with wood glue, alternating the pins outward and inward. Space them about 1.5 inches apart for the 14-inch hoop, and more for larger hoops. Suspend the wreath from a ribbon and clip on cards! Mine doesn't have too many cards yet. For now I hung up my prized Wiener Werkstatte (!!) inspired postcards I got from the Neue Gallerie several years ago. Send me cards so I can fill it up! :)
07 December 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I saw this idea and loved it.
Post a Comment