18 May 2011
MANGO SORBET
I think I have found my new obsession. Making sorbet! We have had an ice cream maker forever (it was one of those wedding gift gadgets that seemed fun and useful at the time, but ended up getting stuck at the back of the cabinet from day one). I think this was only the second time I've used it, but I pretty sure I'll start using it a lot more because this mango sorbet was so easy and so delicious. We found a great looking recipe for chocolate sorbet I want to try next. Also, can't wait for summer fruits to start coming in. So many possibilities!
Mango Sorbet
2 large, ripe mangoes (2 lbs)
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup water
5 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice, plus more to taste
1 tbsp dark rum, plus more to taste (I used almost 2 tbsp of rum extract as a substitute)
pinch of salt
Blend all ingredients together and then follow the directions on your ice cream maker.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment