15 October 2011

TAHOE

A few weeks ago we were able to take one last little trip, a "babymoon" if you will, before we have our boy and are never alone again :)  It was really a fun time.  We drove though several rainstorms on the way up, which was a real treat for this weather-loving gal, then enjoyed a couple days of relaxing and driving around the beautiful lake.  A highlight was visiting the Tallac Historic Site.  The area was once a summer retreat for wealthy San Franciscans and was often called the "Grandest Resort in the World."  It was really very interesting and all of the historic buildings had period rooms you could look into.  I saw some amazing textiles!  An additional highlight of going here was seeing a cinnamon-colored bear, just walking around, very oblivious to all of the people snapping pics.  So fun!  I don't think I have ever seen a bear in the wild, so I was pretty excited.  The trip was a great time; the only low-point was making the mistake of eating at IHOP.  Ugg.  Nothing has ever made me want breakfast at Rudy's or La Note more!





No comments: