I grew up eating this delicious pie. It is an old and well-used recipe from my Grandma Zollinger, who, with my grandpa, owned and operated an apple orchard for most of their marriage and all of my mother's childhood. It is a very simple recipe, with the secret lying in the quality and type of apples. Erik loves this dessert, and has been asking for it, so we shared some with friends last week. It was as yummy as ever! On a side note, does anyone else eat apple pie with cheddar cheese like I do? I was under the impression that it was an American classic combination, however, I'm beginning to think I am alone in this assumption!
If anyone would like this recipe, please let me know. I would be happy to share it with you, I just feel a little weird putting such a "family recipe" up on the internet.
No comments:
Post a Comment