02 December 2010

IT'S CHRISTMASTIME

We had some family over this week to decorate our little tree and the rest of our house. We drank eggnog and made homemade donuts (fried Pillsbury biscuits coated in sugar and cinnamon), listened to Christmas music, and had so much fun! Things are very festive this year; we have lights up in almost every room in the house. I loved it all, but the best part might have been getting out my Christmas book collection.  The collection is still relatively small but I try to add to it every year.  I am going to try to post about some of my favorites during the month of December.



I made these argyle stockings the first year we spent Christmas together as a married couple.  I traced a real sock and then enlarged that shape to make a template; I used a heavy red fabric that was close to felt for the main body.  I then attached the white diamond shapes using the "iron-on" method.  The green stripes are embroidery string.  I love these stocking but will probably end up knitting some larger ones in the future (we like stocking stuffers in this house).

1 comment:

TopHat said...

Fried Pillsbury dough?! Ooh. And your stockings are cute!